Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled on to a site that featured Muffin Tin Monday's. The premise behind it is to make food fun for kids and to get them to try new things. I totally missed last weeks MTM, but I was all over it yesterday. We had some friends over, so I made enough for all of them. The two sweet brothers had to share...not enough space.


I labeled each of their rows with their initials.
This week I served up: yellow carrots, kiwi, colby jack cheese, avocado, cottage cheese, and peas.
before her friends even got here, Mia was into her tin cups :)

I separated hers from the rest b/c she had her eye on some more cheese

Layla wasn't too sure about it all, but thought it was a great idea

her first choice was the cottage cheese

very proudly 'all gone'

Sadly, no one else got to participate in MTM....except Niles! *I almost forgot to add that lil Townsend was a lil disappointed he didn't get his avocado cupcake...how sweet is that?!?!*


some other fun shots of the day


Layla was feeling quite musical with the guitar

and the djembe Cole expresses his love for Elmo

11 comments:

Mollie said...

wOw! Love that site! I have a very picky eater here who is sloooowly coming out of it. This might make it exciting for him! Thanks for sharing :)

Becky said...

I've never seen yellow carrots! Guess I need to get out more. You have some beautiful pictures of your little one!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Hmmmmm....maybe I can even twist this concept to help my family try new activities too.

Unknown said...

We *heart* MTM but our isnt always on Monday! Sometimes I make us a little carpet picnic on the weekends and fill the tin!

jw said...

super fun! t. loves him some miss delicious! and apparently avacado cupcakes. :)

This Girl loves to Talk said...

how sweet that you labeled them... i just let my kids go at it :)

nice and healthy.. that is probably why she looked at you strange :)

Christina said...

What a fun idea! N has generally been a pretty good eater, but she's been picky lately - I will have to do this with her!

And yellow carrots? how cool!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Cute!! I need to check that site out! I am new to your blog - you actually came to visit me last week and I am just now getting around here... been a busy week!!! Nice to meet you!!!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

How fun!! What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for stopping by my site, I'm glad to "meet" you!

Gina lee said...

This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so uncool. How did I now know about Muffin tin Mondays? Count me in... Frick can't believe I've missed this for so long. Jennifer H