Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hindi & Bindi

My darling friend, Anjalika and her sweet Anika hosted a playdate about their Indian culture. Anja let me wear one of her Indian outfits. I felt so pretty, but then she broke out the bindi's!!!! She picked a funky red on for me, and Mia picked one that she called a ladybug. Anja, Andrea, Melissa, Lora and I were all in some form of beautiful Indian attire...oh, Anika, too....and Mia had a little Indian-ish outfit on. All the mamas and kiddos were sporting their bindis!

Anja spent an amazing amount of time, energy and love into cutting out templates of each children's name in Hindi. I'm so glad Andrea got their early, too. She worked like the wind on attaching the velcro to all the pieces. Teamwork :) Here's a pic of Mia's painted name...Mia painted it..that's were the wonderful templates came in ;)

It was such a wonderful, loving and fun atmosphere. Indian music in the back ground, delicious Indian food. All I can say is that I'm ready for the next one!












this pic courtesy of Andrea

2 comments:

anja said...

hey hey hey..the next one is coming soon! Loved having you there, have I said this before?!=)

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fun morning! I hope to get into the next one!