Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bye Bye Boo


I posted the following message on the O'Mama message board, and instead of writing it all out again, I'm just going to post it here.

'This is pretty hard for me to write about, but I wanted all of my friends to know. We lost the baby. Daryl and I went in yesterday for our 10 week checkup and sonogram. Our Dr found the sack and the baby...only 6mm (about the size it should be at 6 wks not 10) there wasn't a heart beat. Our Dr and his staff were super compassionate.

I had a D&C at St David's this afternoon. It went very well, so far no complications. I'm currently on Motrin and Hydrocodone (it's pretty numbing...for my body and brain) Daryl took the whole day off so we could be together. My sweet in-laws picked up Mia this morning. They had planned to take her for the weekend anyway. That gives us a couple of days to relax and recuperate. We'll go out there on Sunday to spend Easter together, eat an amazing lunch, along with some chocolate bunny ears and watch her hunt for eggs.

The sweetest thing was yesterday when I went to my neighbor's house to pick up Mia after the Dr appt. they opened the door, and she came out running and squealing 'mommy!mommy!mommy!' she was in a new Spring dress (2 sizes too big) a pony tail and barefoot. Just what I needed. Daryl, Mia and I spent last night snuggling in our big bed. It was perfect.

I'm planning on laying low for the next few days...not really in the mood to chat on the phone, but I'll be online every now and then.

Right now, my uterus is sore, and my heart hurts.'

Since then, Daryl and I have spent a lot of time together. We even went out tonight (Saturday...I took a LONG nap today, and the sandman is nowhere to be found), and had a great time hanging with some friends. Yes, laughter is the best medicine.

0 comments: